Hydrogel is an innovative additive that hydrates your surface, reduces dust and minimises the need for watering. It can rejuvenate an existing surface; by absorbing water the riding surface becomes softer which alleviates the problem of ‘deadness’ as well as dust.
Hydrogel crystals are activated by adding water – the absorbed water is then slowly released over time, providing a hydrated and dust free surface all year round.
The crystals can hold up to 300 times their own weight in water and the dispersion of water remains constant, so the surface is ideal at all times. By using Hydrogel the need to frequently irrigate surfaces can be reduced by up to 50%.
- Hydrate new or existing surfaces.
- Watering frequency is reduced by up to 50%.
- Constant slow release of water.
- Reduces the risk of dust reactive ailments for both horse and rider.
- Adds elasticity and relieves deadness of sand.
- Gives ‘weight’ to sand.
- Reduces blowing.
- Reduces top-up frequency and increases the life-span of the surface.
- Non-adhesive – does not stick to boots or legs.
- Suitable for most surfaces, indoor or outdoor application.
- Life-span of up to 5 years.
- Environmentally friendly.
Installation & Use
Hydrogel™ crystals can either be added to existing surfaces or incorporated into a new surface.